Stone Ridge Community Church’s mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Youth Pastor is a follower of Christ whose passion is ministering to middle school through high school kids.
We operate as a non-denominational contemporary church; however, we are affiliated with the Baptist General Conference, otherwise known as Converge Worldwide. We are a church that averages around 250 people in Sunday morning worship. We are located in the northeast corner of Iowa. The city of Decorah has about 8,000 people with an additional 2,000 students who attend Luther College. The town is primarily Lutheran and Catholic. We believe it’s a great place to do ministry because the harvest is plentiful and the workers are few. It’s truly a mission field and is so rewarding to see people who have gone to church perhaps their whole life, but never understood what it meant to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Every week God blesses our church with visitors who are looking and searching for something more out of life. They come from churches where the gospel was not preached and they attended out of guilt or obligation. The “Good News” truly is good news to them and it refreshes their spirits and souls like never before. For further information please visit our website at www.stoneridgecc.com.
Currently our youth ministry program runs around 20 youth. We do have a lot of young families with multiple children in the lower elementary ages, and we anticipate having more kids in the next few years move up to the middle school/high school age. We have a great young couple in place who are good at planning activities and building relationships with this junior high and senior high group.
- To oversee Junior High and Senior High ministry.
- Serve as primary student leader and communicator for the church.
- Have a heart for this age group and desire to build relationships with them.
- Identify, invite, train, and empower leaders to be part of the student ministry.
- Develop a system that takes them from being non-Christian to being a real follower.
- Plan weekly youth service.
- Help them get into small groups and develop relationships
Minimum four year degree from a Bible College, preferably with an emphasis in youth ministry and/or children’s ministry.
“Man looks at the outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart.” You should have a hunger and desire to become more like Jesus. This means putting Jesus first, then your spouse, family, and lastly ministry.
You should demonstrate Christian character and servant leadership as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
We are looking for someone who fulfills Bill Hybels 3 C’s of character, competence, and chemistry.
We are looking for someone who has a spirit of humility, a willingness to serve, and a desire to follow.
- A video link of you leading a youth group or speaking in a church service.
- A cover letter and resume with a picture of you and your family.
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
$40,000 total package (this includes benefits)
Posted on Thu, December 3, 2015
by Nathan Phelan filed under