Full-Time Children's Minister at Rocky Fork Fellowship in Hallsville, MO
Position: Full-time Children’s Minister
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary range: $35,000-40,000
Purpose of Position: To make disciples through Rocky Fork’s Children’s Ministry. To lead a
group of highly motivated servants. To equip others to make disciples through the Children’s ministry program. Empowering and equipping teachers, planning activities and lessons and preparing a worship environment for Children. It will be important to build relationships with parents and kids, to be involved and invested in their lives, reaching beyond Sunday mornings and into their homes, schools, activities and personal lives.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ with a deep personal faith and devotional life.
- Solid commitment to the authority of Scripture.
- Warm, encouraging personality that connects well with children.
- A team player-able both to lead and delegate and empower others to serve.
- Shall be compassionate, humble, blameless, kind, loving, selfless, and of high moral integrity.
- Should always exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Shall be trustworthy, and conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a self-starter, strong organizational skills, and good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Must possess the ability to perform lead roles in Biblical teaching skits and presenting a VBS style worship environment every Sunday.
- Baptized Christian believer who feels a call by God into ministry.
- Able to and desiring to do personal evangelism with both Children and adults.
- Love for Christ, His Church, Rocky Fork’s children and families.
- Ability to build, encourage and lead volunteer teams.
- Children’s Ministry experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a Restoration Christian College or successful working experience in a growing Children’s Ministry.
- Willing to follow the Restoration Christian church beliefs and become a member of Rocky Fork Fellowship.
- Report to Senior Minister.
- Lead individual and teams of servant volunteers.
- Serve as a spiritual role model. Model healthy church and family life by maintaining appropriate spiritual discipline and balance in personal, family, work and community life.
- Oversee and be responsible for all programming and ministry for Nursery – 5th grade, including Sunday mornings and special events, etc….
- Develop and prepare curriculum appropriate for age levels.
- Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Lead and coordinate training and scheduling for teams of volunteers as needed.
- Plan and oversee special events such as Easter, Picnic in the Park, Special summer events, etc….
- Foster a community that is committed to communicating to our children that they are valued, nurturing them in love, and encouraging their participation in the life of the church.
- To become an active team member of the Rocky Fork staff and serve where needed.
- To serve as a resource to parents, grandparents, and extended family for the spiritual development of their children and grandchildren.
- Develop and work within a budget for Children’s Ministry.
- Participate in workshops, seminars and conferences.
Specific Performance Responsibilities:
- Provide care for children and families within the church including hospital visits and follow-up.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Work closely with Youth Minister to assure smooth transition to youth program.
- Will provide counseling for children who have indicated a desire to know Christ and have shown interest in baptism, as well as spiritual and personal guidance.
- Should be willing to meet with parents who have expressed a desire to learn more about their child and Christian education in their homes.
- Promote and facilitate camps for children ages 3 yr-5th grade.
- Oversees communication with families (e.g., weekly notecards, emails, phones, mailings, announcements, videos, and in person).
- Oversee the development and maintenance of a web site for Trek Time.
- Coordinate with other ministries within Rocky Fork Fellowship to develop an ongoing relationship with Trek Time.
- Lead Sunday morning program as necessary.
Please send a resume and/or any questions you may have to: email@example.com
Posted on Tue, October 13, 2015
by Nathan Phelan filed under