Director of Worship & Outreach at Gateway Community Church in Middleton, WI
Gateway Community Church in Middleton, WI is looking to hire a full-time Director of Worship and Outreach. As such, this position will have a substantial impact on both the internal (worship) and external (outreach) life of the church. We are looking for a man or woman of high integrity who is committed to growing in Christ personally and to helping others come to know and grow in the love of Jesus Christ.
Regarding worship, the Director must have a heart for authentic, Christ-centered worship by which he/she leads the congregation in becoming maturing worshipers of Christ. Gateway has a tradition of blended worship with simple, acoustic instrumentation (voice, piano, acoustic guitar, cello, hand percussion). Regular tasks related to worship include:
- Working with the pastor (Paul Lundgren) to plan the Sunday morning worship service, including determining the worship theme, selecting songs and scriptures, and preparing supporting worship slides and media.
- Leading weekly worship team rehearsal.
- Leading the musical worship vocally and instrumentally most Sundays.
- Building, coaching, and developing the musical gifts of the worship team members.
- Managing the worship team scheduling process.
Regarding outreach, the Director must have a heart for reaching the seeking and the lost. The Director will be responsible for establishing and growing a vibrant presence of the church in the local community. This will entail initiating and leading regular community outreach events (movie night, fall festival, etc.), helping with some youth events, such as vacation Bible school, and potentially managing outward communication such as the church website and promotional mailings. These tasks will require someone who is creative, motivated, and willing to take risks for the sake of the Kingdom.
- Mature believer who can fully support both the church’s mission and the church’s doctrinal positions as stated in the statement of faith.
- Proficiency on at least one leading instrument (piano, guitar).
- At least 3 years prior worship team experience (volunteer experience is fine).
- Bachelor degree preferred.
Please provide a letter of interest, resume, and preferably a recording (audio or video) that demonstrates your musical ability to Pastor Paul Lundgren at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find a video introduction to our church and description of our worship here. We look forward to receiving your application!
Posted on Thu, April 21, 2016
by Nathan Phelan filed under