The purpose of Cornerstone’s Director of Music is to develop and effectively lead the worship music ministry for the church, to equip and guide musicians and leaders, and to assist with the service planning process, all in a way that is glorifying
to the Lord and is consistent with Cornerstone’s mission, values, and theology.
- Select and plan music for services.
- Develop musical teams for services. Schedule teams.
- Recruit, equip, motivate, and guide music team members.
- Establish a weekly rehearsal schedule.
- Create ‘order of service’ for Sunday services.
- Lead music for Sunday services and seasonal services.
- Communicate faithfully with elders, pastor(s), and staff.
- Encourage the development of musical, creative, and technical gifts of others.
- Develop an annual music ministry budget proposal, and administer that budget as approved by the financial team.
- Lead ministry in consultation with the church elders and lead pastor.
- Be an active member of Cornerstone Community church – participate in the daily life and ministry of the church.
- Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Musical skills and competence.
- Committed to the church’s vision, leadership, and people.
- Dependable, responsible, and creative.
- Ability to lead music for Sunday services.
- Gifted to lead and educate other volunteer musicians.
- Capability of relating personally and musically with both skilled and unskilled musicians.
- Experience with technical aspects of contemporary services – soundboards, lights, video, etc. – a plus.
Small Group Leader Responsibilities:
Small Group Leader could include the following in no particular order:
- Organize, track, oversee all adult small groups within the church
- Provide leadership/education/training for small group leaders
- Provide vision for small groups moving forward to help small group members reach Christian maturity
- Yearly or as needed presentation of the church vision of small groups to the church congregation and explanation of how to get involved
- Be first point of contact for new members and others seeking to join a small group
- Conduct yearly or as needed signup/incorporation of new members into small groups
- Yearly evaluation of spiritual health of small groups and recommendations to improve, recommendations for dividing groups when they grow too large
- Oversight of small group discussion topics and future discussion plans
- Liaison between small groups and church staff
- Ability to encourage, counsel, correct, advise small group leaders in their relationships with difficult small group members
- Assist in small group discipline when necessary
Applicants can be in contact email at our main office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Mon, March 23, 2015
by Emmaus Bible College filed under