Director of Ministry Development (Local Director) with Child Evangelism Fellowship Iowa-Southwest
Location: Anywhere within the 10 counties that makeup CEF Iowa-- Southwest
About Child Evangelism Fellowship® (CEF®) and Child Evangelism Fellowship of Iowa® (CEF IA)
Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF), founded in 1937, is the premier international evangelistic and training ministry to children around the world. CEF Inc.’s International Headquarters are located near Warrenton, Missouri, about 50 miles west of downtown St. Louis. CEF of Iowa is a part of Child Evangelism Fellowship Inc., USA Ministries. The CEF Iowa office is located in Sioux City, Iowa, directing ministry in many of the 99 counties of Iowa, including the ten counties that makeup the local ministry area of Child Evangelism Fellowship Iowa—Southwest. As a mission and ministry, CEF’s vision is “Every Child, Every Nation, Every Day”; desiring to “Evangelize children with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, disciple them in their faith, and help establish them in local, Bible believing and teaching churches.”
The local director is responsible for:
- Fulfilling the purpose of Child Evangelism Fellowship
- Executing and accomplishing the plans and objectives of USA Ministries, the Local Committee (board), and state board
- Overseeing all ministry within the local chapter
The local director should demonstrate a balanced approach to Christian living in:
- A daily walk with God
- Local church
- Promotes the ministry in the local chapter with the goal of increasing church partnerships and primary ministries.
- Recruits staff and volunteers, ensuring that they are adequately trained and equipped for ministry. Builds a multi-staff team.
- Develops, implements and grows an effective prayer program.
- Aggressively pursues primary ministries that fulfill the full purpose of CEF through continual promotion within the sphere of his/her influence.
- Maintains direct ministry contact with children through CEF sponsored programs.
- Builds and maintains Christian Youth In Action® (CYIA™) ministry. Enlists staff and volunteers to help recruit short-term missionaries. Provides year-round ministry opportunities for CYIA missionaries where and when possible.
- Oversees all CEF-related ministries in the local chapter.
- Promotes further opportunities to serve—including Good News Across America®, Short-term Missions, Adventure Bound and other CEF ministries.
- Participates in the CYIA training school as assigned by the state director.
- Develops with the local committee, and effectively communicates the vision and written strategic plan for the evangelization and discipleship of all the children within the local chapter and oversees the implementation of that plan.
- Strives to develop and establish ministry among the children in unreached cities, towns and neighborhoods within the local chapter.
- Recruits people to do the work of the ministry (both paid and volunteer).
- Meets regularly with the paid and volunteer staff members to provide encouragement, counsel, and direction.
- Aids the paid and volunteer staff in developing and evaluating their ministry goals.
- Encourages the local committee to take advantage of committee training opportunities available.
- Works with the local committee to raise sufficient funds to accomplish the plans and objectives laid out by the local committee.
- Provides assistance and training to the paid staff as they seek to raise sufficient funds for their ministry.
- Follows the policies and procedures of the state and national organizations and sees that all staff and volunteers are adhering to the policies.
- Completes routine employee appraisals with all paid staff.
- Works with paid staff and volunteers helping them in leadership development skills.
- Oversees (and teaches if necessary) the teacher training program and provides the necessary training for the staff to perform the job well.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are being followed.
- Keeps accurate and complete records.
- Works with the budget committee to develop an annual budget at the beginning of the fiscal year for approval by the local committee.
- Submits the budget of the local chapter to the state director for state board approval.
- Ensures that all reports, minutes, communications and moneys are forwarded to the proper offices in a timely manner.
- Sends out thank-you notes and ensures that receipts are mailed in a timely manner.
- Communicates accurately and in a timely manner with the state director and local committee.
- Attends all local directors meetings sponsored by the state office.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the committee and/or state director.
General Ministry Qualifications
- Successfully completed at least one year of Bible education from an accredited college or university. A degree in Christian Ministry, Intercultural Studies, Christian Formation, Christian Education, or Bible and Theology, or ministry experience in the field of Children’s Ministry or Christian Education would be an added positive towards consideration for this ministry position.
- Is able to fully agree with and sign the CEF Statement of Faith (included).
- Is willing to undergo a complete criminal background search (required).
- Is a team player and functions well in a group.
- Has good written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Has basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite recommended).
- Is self-motivated, organized and able to motivate people.
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- Meets the specific qualifications necessary to perform the requirements of the job description.
- Is willing to raise support.
- Is born again, has the assurance of salvation and is willing to give a testimony of his/her salvation before the other members.
- Has a good testimony at home, on the job and in her/his neighborhood and local church as reflected by both speech and conduct.
- Is actively involved in a local church that is in agreement with the CEF Statement of Faith.
- Believes that children can be saved from sin by coming to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- Feels called to serve in this ministry.
- Has learned to trust the Lord for victory, wisdom and guidance
Specific Qualifications of a Local Coordinator/Local Director
In addition to meeting the general qualifications listed above for all staff workers, the local leadership must:
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics.
- Be skilled in analysis and planning.
- Be a strategic thinker.
- Be able to take initiative.
- Be able to direct the work of others.
- Have good people skills.
- Be organized.
- Have vision and be able to communicate it to others so they will become involved in the ministry.
- Be able to resolve conflict.
How to Apply
Go to www.cefonline.com where you may complete an initial ministry employment application under the link “Serve” and “Long Term USA and Internationally”. Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.
NOTE: As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion, as well as their ability to sign and abide by the Child Evangelism Fellowship Statement of Faith and other policies on sexual morality as outlined in the policies manual.
Download Full Job Description
Posted on Mon, August 8, 2016
by Nathan Phelan filed under