Living Hope Bible Church is a growing, evangelical church located in southeast Iowa. We are hiring a full-time Director of Children's Ministry.
Church Mission and Discipleship Statement: Know Jesus, Love God, Serve Neighbors, and Reach World
To provide leadership and vision to overall ministry development and coordination to ministry servants who are committed in instructing children between nursery and fifth grade.
- The candidate for this position will have a passion for young people and for developing a strong children ministry that is focused on Christ.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to motivate young people, as well as, church members!
- A high school diploma is required, additional Bible schooling is preferred.
- This is a year round position.
- Candidates must successfully complete a criminal history. Living Hope will pay for all necessary background checks.
- At least two character references are required.
- This position is directly accountable to the senior pastor.
- Maintain a work week of 40-45 hours per week. The times are flexible and are centered around the weekly activities.
- Staff Meetings – attend all staff meetings, prepared to report on ministry activities.
- Submit monthly ministry reports for newsletter and monthly congregational meeting.
- Cooperate fully with church leaders for the good of the church.
- Consult senior pastor on plans and policies.
- Provide leadership in developing a comprehensive children ministry.
- Facilitate mid-week children’s ministry.
- Help recruit and train teachers for Sunday School, Children’s Church, and Sunday Nursery.
- Oversee the Sunday children’s ministries listed above and assist in curriculum review and selection.
- Plan and facilitate an annual Vacation Bible School.
- Assist with the annual Living Hope Camp.
- Plan special ministries during breaks and the summer.
- Manage the finances of the children ministry. Prepare a budget at the beginning of each year to highlight the ministry needs and then get proper approval.
- Maintain a Children Ministry Handbook and a working calendar of events.
- Recruit and equip adult ministry servants to help plan and implement ministry objectives and events through Ministry Teams.
- Ministry opportunities and responsibilities may be assigned by the senior pastor. This will always be consultative and may include worship leadership, general pastoral visitation, assisting with classes and other ministry functions.
- Ensure continuity between the various ministries.
- Other duties that may come up for the good of the ministry.
- Oversee and train the Safe Haven Child Protection Policy.
Send your resume and cover letter to
Living Hope Bible Church
201 West Walnut Street
Eldon, IA 52554
Posted on Tue, June 7, 2016
by Nathan Phelan filed under